Monday, November 19, 2007

The Leaf Blower

High pitched call of ‘Sam 70’;
Eight year George pounded my door,
Worldly time besides me, I opened…
‘Maria’ I reminded of his innocence,
Pits of his cheeks I deeply fell;
Selfless happiness monumental!

‘Two hours and fourteen dollars?’,
Shy was he in business, I laughed…
‘Two hours and twenty’, generously enjoying;
Twinkle of dream polished his eyes,
‘Optimus Prime – you are mine’,
Rhymed the little soldier!

My good ol’ wooden swinger;
Bared my lanky weight: a friend,
Monocle burdened; my crooked nose;
Withering hands on ‘Wuthering Heights’;
Gentle grace licked and pages turned;
Gleefully interrupted by childhood autumn!

Back stretched I glossed the window pane;
Broom of a witch I expected,
Green note driven, he concentrated;
On every leaf that spread across the veracity,
Swooshed a border was his first stroke;
Swiped contingently his territory!

Time spread like the pain in my back;
Every leaf – a memory gathered,
Heaps and more heaps George collected;
Whoosh! Came the fall breeze,
Abandoned sorcerer jumped on one;
The biggest heap my blurry mind read!

Success against the gust he mastered;
The monster of bareness made puny,
King he was with weapon released;
Gladiator he made walking head high,
Shadowed thoughts of my childhood;
Injured general I received him in glory!

‘Two hours and fourteen! Sam 70’,
Surprise at senility unnoticed,
Moments of slow poison I moved;
Box wrapped in red leaves, snow ribbon,
‘Twenty and Optimus Prime’ I offered;
Excitement at juvenility blaring!

Million thanks of flaunting already directed;
Small smile of energy I saved,
Out ran George singing ‘Optimus Prime – all mine’,
Out I walked the pile that won its bare mother,
Hand-hip search my mind wondered;
Enlightened wasting I cared ‘Maria’!

Heart of child brought the leaf blower;
Today! As there might be no tomorrow,
English polo jockey I galloped windy;
Potent saved, kicked the pile all over veracity,
Another George, another day, I curved;
‘Dotage is fun. Isn’t it?’
-H2S

No comments: